Friday, January 1, 2016

Focus Friday: Let's Focus on Beginnings



Happy New Year! 

This week's post is going to be short and sweet because I am just about to go spend an entire night with a bunch of awesome high school students at our annual youth group lockin. We have a lot of fun from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., but I'm afraid I may be getting too old for this. I hope I don't fall asleep (or someone might write on my face!).

I just want to remind all of us to focus on God as we begin this new year. We can spend a little time looking over the past year, but then let's move forward in confidence and joy as we seek to follow God's path for us. He can help us accomplish whatever He wants us to do and He'll give us wisdom to know what those things are.

I think it's pretty great that God has built in "reset" points in our lives. The start of a new day, a new week, a new year. We can look at those times as chances to begin again and do better, knowing that God loves us completely even when we fail.

Don't give up. Keep trusting God as you go into 2016!

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV - English Standard Version)

Are you excited about beginning a new year? How can focusing on God help you to have a great year?



No comments:

Post a Comment