Saturday, July 30, 2016

Sorry Saturday: Let's Focus on Short and Sweet

It's Saturday morning and I have so many things I'd like to blog about: Ragbrai, Worlds of Fun, vacations, writing, facing fears.

I sat down to write last night at 11:30, but my portable keyboard wouldn't work right. Besides, I am in St. Paul, Minnesota with a group of 5 great middle school girls at Power Connection. We have a full day ahead of us today, so last night I decided to call it quits and get to bed. As it is, all of us slept longer than we had planned and now they're all scurrying to take showers before breakfast. I'm last.

So, I'm tapping out this blog post on my iPad mini. I'm keeping it short and sweet. Next week I can get back to my computer and include some pictures of some of the things I've been doing lately.

Life is good. Sometimes you just have to keep living it until you get a chance to rest and reflect. Hang on tight and enjoy the ride. Hmmm, maybe I rode too many roller coasters earlier this week.

Anyway, the verse going through my head today after worshiping with a bunch of middle schoolers last night is this:

"I love you, O LORD, my strength." (Psalm 18:1 NIV)

Short and sweet.

Is your summer flying by, full of fun and family? How can focusing on God help you to hang on and enjoy the ride, no matter what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment