Friday, April 10, 2015

Focus Friday: Let's Focus on Walking With Jesus

This needs to be a short post this week. I need to get to bed after I look over a talk I'm giving tomorrow at our women's spring conference. Women from other Reformed Churches in our area will be coming to spend the day singing, eating, talking, and hearing from two speakers. One will inform them about missions in Africa and the other (me!) will hopefully encourage them to keep walking with Jesus through the ups and downs of life.

Our theme is "Exercise Your Faith: Walk With Jesus" and our whole team is excited for tomorrow. We know the ladies are going to have a great day with all of the special details that are planned. High heeled shoes will be seen all over the place and happy colors will brighten everyone's day.

Just preparing for this event has been encouraging for me and I've been reminded of how vital it is to walk with Jesus each and every day of my life. I love Him so much and I'm so grateful for His love and guidance.

During my talk I'm going to encourage the ladies to exercise their faith and walk with Jesus. We'll explore some of the ways that we sometimes fall. Then we'll talk about how we can get back up and keep walking with Jesus. Maybe I'll focus on all of that here next Friday. 

"The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deuteronomy 6:4-7 NIV)

Are you walking with Jesus? How can focusing on loving the LORD with all of your heart, soul, and strength help you keep walking on your spiritual journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment