Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Training Tuesday: Am I Really Doing This?

Hi everyone! Just a quick post this week to let you know how it's going.

I'm still sweating it out on the treadmill almost every day (and sometimes twice a day!). I try to walk with it set at an incline of 12%. I can do that pretty easily at 2 mph, but if I try to bump it up to 3 mph it about kills me. Hmm, here's a thought: maybe I should try going to 2.5? I'll try that tomorrow.

In some ways I feel stronger and in other ways I feel like maybe we should cancel the trip...I can't do this! It's only been two weeks so I guess I'll give it more time and keep working hard.

On the eating side of things, I only lost .7 pounds this week (I weigh myself with the WiiU - that's why I'm so precise). A little disappointing after almost 3 pounds last week, but I can see what I did differently this week. I went to the pantry and ate saltine crackers as stress relief way too often. I snacked a little more and didn't watch my portion sizes as closely. I also wasn't as hungry. Now, I mean that in a good way. I don't want to "diet" so that I'm constantly feeling hunger, but I know that last week I felt hungry more often. It was usually a little while before a meal, so I told myself to stay hungry and then ate at my regular time. This week I haven't felt as hungry because I've snacked more. Time to make some changes and see if a couple more pounds come off next Monday.

Praying that your training is going well - whether it's physical, spiritual, or emotional. You can do it! ~Robyn

2 comments:

  1. Of course you have to give yourself more time. AND as far as weight goes don't stress about it. New studies are showing that you can be just as healthy no matter the number on the scale. Turns out that is one of the smaller pieces of the health puzzle exercise being waaay more important. I'm really passionate about this right now check out this Ted Talk it was mind blowing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn0Ygp7pMbA&feature=share

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Jessie! I'm not really stressing about the weight, but I do want to shed those extra pounds that have been hanging on me the last several years. Just have to be willing to do a little more to get rid of them. My main concern is health, and I think this training will help with that - if it doesn't kill me! :-)

      Delete