Friday, February 7, 2014

Focus Friday: Short and Sweet

Focus Friday is going to be short and sweet this week. To tell you the truth, I'm tired. I've had lots of ups and downs this week. It was all minor things, but they still took a toll on me emotionally. I've found myself entertaining way too many negative thoughts about a variety of people and events.

That kind of thinking is not good for any of us. It leads to discontent, unrest, bitterness, and impatience. Our focus is all on the "bad" and it poisons our attitude toward our loved ones and even life in general.

So, for this Focus Friday, I just want to give you a verse to focus on if you've been letting lots of negative thoughts creep in:

"Finally, brothers [and sisters!], whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Philippians 4:8 NIV)

Focusing on those things should get our thought life going in the right direction once again.

Have a great weekend, my friends! ~Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment