Friday, July 21, 2017

Focus Friday: Let's Focus on Where We Are



I'm at the beautiful YMCA Camp in the Rockies near Estes Park, Colorado, gearing up with about 150 other staff people for the arrival of 3000 high school students and youth leaders tomorrow afternoon for Rocky Mointain High.

This youth event touches many lives, but I have to admit I was feeling quite afraid on the way out here and the first day or so. "What am I doing here?"  I thought way too many times.

I reasoned that someone else could serve better. Someone else would connect better with the kids. Someone else would be more outgoing and relaxed.

As we've been preparing and worshipping, God has gotten through to me. "Don't be afraid. You can't do this, but I can do it through you."

So I'm starting to relax and trust that I'm supposed to be here.

No one else can serve like me.
I can't connect with every kid, but I can connect with some of them.
I can be myself and not worry about being the most outgoing person (and try to relax!).

Rocky is going to be great. Would you please pray for all of the students and leaders on their way to Colorado tonight? Please pray that the Holy Spirit works in amazing ways in the hearts of everyone involved before they go home on Wednesday.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

Do you ever wonder why you're doing something and think someone else could do it better? How can focusing on God help you to throw aside the fear and trust that God wants you in that situation for a special purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment