Friday, May 12, 2017

Focus Friday: Let's Focus on Moms

This is a pic at Dollywood when most of the family got together for Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary.
Sunday is Mother's Day. Did you forget? I actually got a card for my mom in the mail on time this year. Of course, I'll call her on Sunday and thank her for putting up with me for 51 years.

Before we went to Tennessee last week, I started scanning in old family photos. Of course I waited til the night before we left, so I didn't get finished, but I did get a good number of them into my computer. 

It was fun to look through them with my sister Johnna while we were there, and to show them to my mom and dad.

In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites of my mom here:

Shirlie Carole Morrison - 1940
"Coquette" dance number - 1948
Shirlie Carole Morrison - around 1950



Shirlie Morrison - Graduation Picture

 
My Mom and Dad on their wedding day - July 10, 1965
It's fun to go through old photos. Seeing them brings back memories of times we spent on vacation, celebrating holidays, and just living life together. 

I pray that I have many more years to spend with my mom, but I realize that many of my friends have already lost their mother. This will be a bittersweet Sunday for them. They'll miss their moms, but hopefully they will be comforted by many sweet memories of the woman who raised them.

My mom is pretty amazing. She used to make many of our clothes. She knit us sweaters. She loves to read and quilt. She prays for her children and grandchildren. She faced hard times and came through them all. She doesn't give herself enough credit, but she's definitely a great woman. She's my favorite mom! :-)

I thank God for making her my mom and giving me the family I had. She, Dad, and my sisters Jill and Johnna made me the person I am today. (I want to say something snarky like "So you can blame them!" but I'll keep this sweet and serious) I love them all.

And on this special occasion, I'll focus on the best Mom I've ever had! 

Thanks, Mom...I love you!

"A wife [or a mom] of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." (Proverbs 31:10 NIV)

Have you sent your mother a card or letter lately? Make sure you call her on Sunday if you can. How can focusing on God help you to appreciate all that your mother has done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment