Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sorry Saturday: Doing Things For the Right Reasons

Greetings to anyone reading this today. I missed posting a Focus Friday last week. Last night I went to bed at 11 and lay in bed for a few minutes, thinking about getting back up to post something quick, but I didn't want to wake up my poor hubby.

So, I decided to post a "Sorry Saturday" instead of a Focus Friday this week. To tell you the truth, my mindset was not the best over the last couple of days as far as my blog goes. When I neglected to post last week I wondered if anyone really missed it. I didn't receive tons of messages saying "Where is Focus Friday? Please, oh please, post something right away. I can't make it through the weekend without your words of wisdom!"

Isn't that silly? And pretty sorry and sad, too. That's why I'm calling this "Sorry Saturday." I was considering abandoning my Friday blog posts just because I didn't get any feedback. Thankfully, I came to my senses and got my focus back where it belongs.

What is the purpose of my blog? I started it so that I could challenge myself to write weekly and explore the idea of Focus, especially as it applies to my faith and the various things happening in my life. If readers drop by to check out those thoughts, that's fine, but it's still worth doing even if no one ever reads it. I enjoy comments, but it's still worth doing even if no one ever says a word about it.

I've thought about several friends who have blogs over the last couple of days (and even some I follow though I don't know them personally). Ellen, Jessie, Jennifer, Susie, April, Kristen (I'm probably missing some!)...I enjoy their blog posts when I have a chance to read them, but sometimes I get busy and miss some posts. Sometimes I comment, but sometimes I read and move on. I care about those friends and appreciate their thoughts but life moves too quickly to read every single great blog post out there.

I'm going to trust that God will get the right women to my blog posts if they need to be encouraged by a certain post, and I'll keep writing, no matter what. Taking time to get my focus back where it belongs is worth my time, no matter what feedback I get (or don't get).

And so I say "Sorry" - sorry I thought about quitting. Sorry I don't have time to read and comment on every great post out there. I'm praying that all of my fellow bloggers will keep on keeping on and trust that God will use their blog posts to reach the people that need them when they need to read them.

I will be back next Friday. Have a great weekend as you remember those who served our country as we celebrate this Memorial Day weekend.

Do you ever get discouraged because you don't get the feedback or support you crave? Can you focus on doing the right thing even if no one seems to notice?

1 comment:

  1. Blogging can be so discouraging. I've been doing it for so long and sometimes I think "How is it I don't have a thousand followers, why am I doing this." but you know what your completely right, we blog b/c it's good for us and we trust that God can use it. Lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete