Friday, April 4, 2014

Focus Friday: Magnified Force

This quote from Lysa TerKeurst showed up in my Facebook newsfeed a few days ago and I thought it was just right for this week's Focus Friday:

Wherever we focus our attention the most, that will become the driving force in our lives.

The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please people, the more of a magnified force people-pleasing will become in my life. The more I focus on trying to figure out how to please God, the more of a magnified force He will become in my life.  
                                                              (A Facebook post by author and speaker Lysa TerKeurst)

As a slowly reforming people-pleaser, this resonated with me. Think of the joy, peace, and contentment we could enjoy if we focused more on pleasing God instead of pleasing the people around us.

I think I'll leave it at that for this week. Go back and read Lysa's quote a few more times. Think about it as you go through each day and let God be a "magnified force" in your life.

Are you focused on pleasing people or pleasing God? How would your life look if you let God become a magnified force in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment